I added slightly less than the 1 1/2 cups of sugar. Think I'll cut down the sugar by a 1/4 cup next time. I also used about 2 cups of mashed up banana. The cake was browning really quickly and after about 35 minutes, I covered the cake in the oven with a piece of foil. Mine took about 65 minutes to bake.
Banana bundt cake
makes one 9 to 10 inch bundt cake
3 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
8 oz butter, at room temperature
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
2 large eggs, at room temperature
4 very ripe bananas, mashed (should make 1 1/2 – 1 3/4 cups)
1 cup sour cream
3. Beat the butter until creamy. Add the sugar and beat till pale and fluffy.
4. Beat in the vanilla and add the eggs one at a time, beating for about 1 minute after each egg goes in. Reduce the mixer speed to low and mix in the bananas. Finally, mix in half the dry ingredients (don’t be disturbed when the batter curdles), all the sour cream and then the rest of the flour mixture.
5. Pour batter into the pan and rap the pan on the counter to debubble the batter and smooth the top.
6. Bake for 65 to 75 minutes or until a thin knife inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean. Check the cake after about 30 minutes and if it's browning too quickly, cover loosely with a foil tent.
7. Transfer the cake to a rack and cool for 10 minutes before unmolding onto the rack to cool to room temperature.