Tuesday 20 April 2010

Parmesan and thyme crackers

Y grows fresh lemon thyme in her mini garden. Actually, it's just a patch of grass and the lemon thyme, mint and lavender are sitting in a pot. I've been trying to convince her to dig up a patch to plant a peach or cherry tree or even flowers. Instead, she gives me permission to dig up a tiny 1.5 feet x 1.5 feet plot which isn't even affiliated with the grass bit and is about half a foot deep. I chucked some flower seeds in and there're some chili seeds there too. There was a silly cat that dug my little plot up too right after I'd planted it! Will take pictures after if and when the flowers grow.
The parmesan and thyme crackers from charmandsalt taste exactly like Cheddars! Actually I haven't had Cheddars in years but they do remind me of Cheddars. This recipe's definitely a keeper. I'd add more fresh thyme though cause I couldn't taste thyme in the biscuits. I halved the recipe and ended up with 16 two inch biscuits.

Parmesan and thyme crackers
makes 32 two inch biscuits

4 oz butter
3 oz grated parmesan
1 1/4 cup flour
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp thyme (finely chopped)
1/2 tsp black pepper

1. Beat butter till soft.
2. Add in remaining ingredients.
3. Roll out and cut into shapes.
4. Prick with fork and bake in a 180 C preheated oven on baking sheets lined with parchment paper for 20-22 minutes.

The mixture turned out crumbly so I kneaded it for a bit by hand till a dough formed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails