Monday 26 April 2010

Blondies

Saturday was such a sunny day in London. I actually found it warm and didn't have to wear a second layer for once. Sunday on the other hand was wet and gloomy. This was a random bake during the day just because I was stuck indoors. I usually bake in the morning when everyone else is sleeping in cause I'm an early riser.

I used this recipe from Mike Lesiuk as the ingredients were simple and it used melted butter so no creaming of butter and sugar by hand required. The only difference I made was I cut down the sugar and used 3/4 cup and I added 1/2 tsp of baking powder. Simply because I prefer a cakey cake to a fudgy one.

The batter looked like a softer version of chocolate chip dough. I overbaked the blondie. I think I left it in there for 25 minutes. This is what happens when you don't have a timer and you rely on checking the clock every few minutes. And on top of that, I always forget the time I put the cake in oven in the first place.
The blondie is nearly finished with little help from anyone else. To be fair, the blondie is fairly short; it IS half the height of a normal cake.
Blondies
makes one 8 inch cake

4 oz melted butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup chocolate chips

1. Mix melted butter and sugar.
2. Mix in egg. Then vanilla.
3. Sift in salt, baking powder and flour.
4. Mix in chocolate chips.
5. Bake in a preheated oven at 180 C for 20-22 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails