Sunday 18 April 2010

Honey almond flower cookies

Back home, I usually bake using a kenwood mixer as long as the recipe involved butter. Well, I can justify using the mixer as creaming the butter by hand takes a lot of effort. Actually, I've actually never creamed butter by hand since I arrived in the UK, which was about 3 weeks ago. It's actually a workout!

I'm not a fan of almonds, especially when there's almond extract in a recipe but Hot Polka Dot's honey almond flower cookies looked so pretty and I couldn't resist not making them. I halved the recipe and took pictures this time! It's actually quite fun taking pictures whilst baking.

The first batch were smaller cookies, then I got lazy and made much bigger ones for the second batch. I actually baked mine for 12 minutes cause I forgot about the first batch whilst making the second batch and I forgot about the second batch because I was washing up. They turned out pretty good though. These cookies need to be spaced out as the spread/expand a fair bit.

Honey almond flower cookies
makes 40 cookies

1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup caster sugar

1/2 egg (keep the remaining half for egg wash)
2 Tbsp honey
1 tsp almond extract

1 1/2 cup flour
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt

slivered almonds for garnish
add 1/2 tsp water to remaining egg

1. Cream butter and sugar.
2. Add the egg, honey and almond extract and mix well.
3. Sift in the dry ingredients.
4. Mix till dough is formed.
5. Preheat oven to 180 C and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
6. Scoop a heaped tablespoon of dough and roll them into balls.
7. Flatten slightly.
8. Press almonds into each cookie in a flower arrangement.
9. Brush with egg wash.
10. Bake for 10 minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails