Wednesday 21 April 2010

Snickerdoodles

I have always wanted to make snickerdoodles and always imagined them to be really sugary and cinnamon-y, kinda like the cinnamon cereal squares. They weren't. The cinnamon taste wasn't obvious and I don't think I coated them with enough sugar. They did however turn out to be rather pretty cookies, just like pictures from other blogs. This recipe is from smitten kitchen.

Y said that my snickerdoodles were tiny when she first saw them. I thought they were rather big cause two bites were required when eating my cookies. Aren't cookies supposed to be bite sized so technically mine should've been considered big?
I halved the recipe and ended up with about 40 cookies. My baking time was 13 minutes cause of the size of cookies. These cookies spread a fair bit so make sure they are spaced apart form each other when baking.
Snicker doodles
makes 80 cookies (depending on cookie size)

8 oz butter
1 1/2 cup caster sugar
2 large eggs
2 3/4 cup flour
2 tsp cream of tartar
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt

2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
1/4 cup caster sugar

1. Cream butter with sugar.
2. Beat in eggs.
3. Sift in flour and mix till incorporated.
4. Roll into balls and roll into cinnamon and sugar mixture and press down slightly.
5. Bake in preheated 200 C oven for 13 minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails